Please click here to see the school’s curriculum guide for parents.
By the time children leave our school we want them to :
- Realise their potential, being literate, numerate and technologically articulate.
- Be inquisitive, developing enquiring minds that question and debate when they encounter new and different things.
- Strive for excellence, seeing mistakes as an opportunity to learn and persevere.
- Be ready for life, understanding the importance of making right choices, recognising the difference between right and wrong.
- Be a good citizen – understanding the community and world in which they live, recognising their actions have consequences.
- Have an understanding and respect for all faiths, developing spiritual and moral values that are respectful and accepting of difference.
- Love learning, striving to know and achieve more throughout adolescence and into adulthood.
- Having a healthy self-esteem, being confident, self-assured and resilient when encountering disappointment or challenge.
We deliver our vision and aims through our vibrant school curriculum that richly extends children’s knowledge and skill. We adapt the National Curriculum to make learning relevant to children’s lives and to further increase their interests and curiosity.
As a school we will achieve our aims by :
- Effective Teaching, maximising individual achievement and potential.
- Challenging learners, ensuring that all learning is personalised.
- Striving for continuous improvement, becoming a really good school that is never complacent but always strives for excellence.
- Providing opportunities that will extend children’s knowledge, skills and interests.
- Providing an effective learning environment, ensuring resources meet and extend children’s needs and interests.
- Building community links, making positive contributions to local and wider society.
- Providing enjoyable learning that inspires all learners, irrespective of ability or background.
Loving what we do …
Being proud of what we are becoming …
If you require more information than is provided on the website regarding the curriculum, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com but do remember to look at the information leaflets all teachers produce each term and don’t forget to join us at our numerous curriculum workshops.