MacMillan Coffee Morning Recipe
Our MacMillan Coffee Morning Recipe of the Month
Keep practicing at home for our MacMillan Coffee Morning on the 23rd September 2016. We hope to see and try some of the recipes then.
Paul Hollywood's Chocolate and Sour Cherry Bread
- Preparation time: 90 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Serves: Two loaves
An incredibly luxurious bread that will be eaten in one sitting. If there is any left, use it to make extra-rich bread and butter pudding. This is definitely not a bread to count calories with!
- 500g (1lb 2oz) strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30ml (1fl oz) olive oil
- 15g (½ oz) yeast
- 300ml (½ pint) warm water
- 160g (5¾ oz) can black cherries, drained
- 200g (7oz) chocolate chips
- Put the flour into a bowl with the salt, olive oil and yeast. Slowly add the warm water
and mix by hand until the dough is pliable.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 4–7 minutes. Put the
dough back in the bowl and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Line a baking tray. Pat the cherries dry on kitchen paper. Work the chocolate chips
and then the cherries into the dough. If the dough becomes too elastic to work in the
cherries, leave to stand for 10 minutes, then try again. (You may need to add a little
more flour if the mix becomes too sloppy.) Cut the dough in half, then shape into two
balls and flatten to about 5cm/2 inches high. Place on the baking tray, dust heavily
with flour and score diagonal lines across the top to form diamond shapes. Leave the
dough to rest for 1 hour.