PE and Sport Premium
The PE and sport premium is a grant from central Government designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. At Somerford Primary School we are passionate about using this money to provide a high quality provision in PE across the school.
In the academic year 2018/2019 Somerford Primary School was awarded a grant of £19,130
A detailed summary of this spending is provided on the Evidencing the Impact of Sports Premium at Somerford Primary School 2018/2019 document.
This year the school has been awarded a grant of £18,980.
We will be directing our grant towards a number of key areas including:
* Maintaining a service level agreement with a nationally recognised local School Sport Partnership. This partnership provides a programme of CPD, delivers
inter-school competitions and routes to local sports clubs etc.
* Working with a qualified teacher and handball coach alongside teaching staff to develop their confidence and expertise in delivering consistently high quality
* Releasing staff to attend CPD and competitions provided by the local School
* Running a range of high quality after school clubs with trained coaches
* Training a number of our Year 5 and 6 children to act as bronze sports ambassadors
We will review the impact of this grant at the end of the 2019-2020 academic year.