PE and Sport Premium
The PE and sport premium is a grant from central Government designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. In the academic year 2017/2018 Somerford Primary School has been awarded a grant of £19,130
At Somerford Primary School we are passionate about providing a high quality provision in PE across the school and we directed our grant towards a number of key areas including:
* Having a service level agreement with a nationally recognised local School Sport Partnership. This partnership provides a programme of CPD, delivers inter-school competitions and routes to local sports clubs etc.
* Releasing staff to attend CPD and competitions provided by the local School Sports Partnership
* Running a range of high quality after school clubs with trained coaches
* Training a number of our Year 5 and 6 children to act as bronze sports ambassadors
* Working with a qualified teacher and handball coach alongside teaching staff to develop their confidence and expertise in delivering consistently high quality PE lessons
A more detailed summary of the spending is provided on the Evidencing the impact of Sports Premium 2017/2018 document.
We will review the impact of our Sports Premium grant at the end of the academic year.
PE and Sport Premium 2016/2017
- Please Click Here to see the 'Evidencing the impact of Sports Premium 2016/17' document.
PE and Sport Premium 2015/2016
- Please Click Here for the February 2016 review of our Sports Premium spending.
- Please Click Here for our review of our Sports Premium spending and impact for 2014/15 and planned spending for 2015/16.
- Please Click Here to see our Sport Premium spending for 2015-2016 and our Autumn Term review.
PE and Sport Premium 2014/2015
- Please Click Here for a review of our Sports Premium spending and impact for 2013/14 and planned spending for 2014/15.
- Please Click Here for the February review of our Sport Premium spending.